Students can test through Examity through August 31. We will resume testing during priority registration.
Current students test through:
- Examity, an online proctoring service. See below.
- In-person testing on the UA campus in the Math Building room 101, several dates in August . Register for an in-person testing appointment here. There are no in-person testing dates available at this time.
You will need a catcard or Government issue photo ID, and Calculator. It is your responsibility to read about the test before taking it.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are using an approved calculator on the test. A TI-83 or 84 is recommended. If you have a different calculator, you need to check here to make sure it is allowed: http://tiny.cc/calculators. Calculator models that use symbolic manipulation are not allowed, and the use of such a calculator will result in a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and an invalidated test score.
Testing through Examity: You may test online, proctored through Examity, as long as you have access to a webcam, microphone, and high speed internet. There is a $26 Math Placement Testing fee charged to the student's UA bursar's account (not UA Online campus students). Students will need to do the following:
1. Log into D2L with your UA NetID and password.
2. Click the Self Registration link located in the blue banner near the top of the screen.
4. Click the Register button to register for the course, and then click the Submit button.
5. Click the Finish button on the confirmation screen.
6. Go to your "Proctored Math Placement Testing with Examity" course to create your Examity profile. Instructions are available in the D2L course. You will need your CatCard or a government issue photo ID (passport, driver's license, etc.) and will need to enter the time zone you will be in when taking the exam. It may take up to 10 minutes to create your profile. Register for a testing appointment more than 24 hours in advance to avoid additional fees.
7. Return to the Examity link in the D2L course at the time of the testing appointment.