If your Grade Point Average is below a 2.0 after fall 2019 grades post, please watch your UA email early in January for messaging about your next steps. We want to work with you early to develop a plan for improvement. Please don’t panic.
Spring 2020 schedule changes: If you wish to alter your spring class schedule in the meantime (to repeat a course, or reduce your work load, etc.), please go ahead and do this via UAccess. Plan to discuss these modifications with your advisor when s/he returns after January 1st. Please know that there will still be enough time before the spring term begins to make additional schedule changes if needed and to discuss them with your academic advisor.
- If the course you want/need is full, the first step is to check if it has a wait list. This will be signaled by a yellow triangle for the section in UAccess. To add yourself to the wait list, click the green “select” button to add it to your shopping cart. On the confirmation page, check the box in the upper right-hand side labeled “Add to wait list if course is full.” Then, add the course to your shopping cart and try to register for it. You will be added to the wait list if space is available.
- For Math/Data Classes, we do not maintain official wait lists. However, the Math Center does try to help our majors who are in need of seats in these courses, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try to help.
- If the course does not have a wait list, add it to your shopping cart so you can check on it easily. Check on a regular basis in case seats open up. Over the break, students make many changes to their schedules and seats may free up during this time.
- You may try contacting the department that offers the class to see about possible enrollment, in case their administrators are responding over the winter break.
- In some cases, you might be able to talk to the professor on or before the first day of class to ask if there is room for you to join the class, but this is not always the case. Check with the offering department to see how enrollment requests are managed.
- If the class you want can be replaced with another class that is open (ie. a different general education class) please add your second choice class, but watch for a chance to swap it.