UA Career Services is the most up-to-date source for information on internships available to students. They can also help critique your resume, hone your interview skills, and more. Internships are a great way to gain work-related experience prior to graduation, earn some money, and in some cases, they have led to offers of permanent jobs for our students after they graduate.
Below is a selection of companies that offer internships for undergraduate students majoring in mathematics or statistics & data science. Additional internship information can be found through the AMS and SIAM.
Aerospace and Defense
Computers and Technology
- Argonne National Laboratory: energy issues and scientific research.
- CIA: clandestine service, computer science/engineering, cyber security, information technology, etc.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory: bio-security, counterterrorism, defense, energy, and science and technology.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory: energy, science, and engineering.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA): aerospace.
- National Security Agency (NSA): national security, cryptography, data mining.
- Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD): defense systems.
- U.S. Department of State: This program offers U.S. citizen undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to participate in 10-week, unpaid internships that provide intensive educational and professional experience within the environment of America’s principle foreign affairs agency. It can be possible to earn internship credit through the U of A for an experience of this sort; talk to an advisor for more information.
- Metron: scientific consulting.
- Mitre: cybersecurity, emerging technologies, engineering, health transformation, global networking, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
- Philips: healthcare and electronics.
- SAIC: national security, health, energy and environment, and cybersecurity.