- You must have the vpnc plugin installed to connect to the vpn.
sudo apt-get install network-manager-vpnc network-manager-vpnc-gnome
- Next open your Network settings. This can be done by right clicking on the network icon on the upper right of the screen or from the System Settings window.
- Click on the plus sign on the lower left corner of the Network window. Interface should be set to VPN then click "Create".
- It will then ask you to choose a VPN Connection Type. If the vpnc packages were installed properly you will see an option here for Cisco Compatible VPN (vpnc). Choose this option to continue.
- For the Connection Name you can put "UAMATH VPN" or something to that effect. For Gateway enter "vpn.math.arizona.edu". For User name enter your Math username. For Group name enter "Musers". For Group password, change Always Ask to Saved and enter the shared secret you were given in the email we sent you. Then click Save.
- Finally to connect, simply click the Off switch. It will switch to on and ask you for your password. This is your Math password. It should then show connected below the name of the connection and you can close the window.
- When you want to disconnect, click on the Lock icon at the top of the screen, you will be able to switch off your VPN connection. You can also reconnect from here from now on as well.